- Interviews – connecting with Stacy; another great conversation Cailin
- Powerful experience in LA: trajectory; tom shadyak; sean carroll; conference running ideas; steve connell & saiku andrews (actors, poets); brian green – failure to engage wtih the wonder of the ideas)
- Bruno Latour – Joe will send us something for next week
- Application- pre-dissertation application; 1.5 pages what am I going to do for my dissertation – start application early, takes a lot of time
- RC – 2nd comp done by the end of the month; writing group on Saturday
- STARS reunion – Feb 17th and 18th – next Thursday (2-3:30pm). Marshall & Jared will personally invite them. Video Game Group: 3 parts – a) co-constructing
- March 14 – copy to Chris Penders
Updates on Research
- Michael – comps – fleshed out draft (clear intro); presented in a strong story line; goal for next week – rsrb for initial submission for Connie for pilot study (Thursday evening, click send); Monday, 2/21 – send in the comp; Tuesday 2/22 -work on second comp – and will ponder.
- Rach – “yea me!” – random stuff; Wed – needs some down time; comp 2 draft done – currently has 8 pages with no consistent flow – needs big blocks of time – might send a couple paragraphs to separate and talk about different things; playing out and committing to “categories/themes”
- Liz – rewriting comp 3 (methods) – got a ton done; get to library at 5:15am stop at 11am. Comp will be complete next Wednesday; edit on Thursday; submit 2/21.
- Joe – RSRB approved (exempt) for pilot study. Project starts next week. “Discourse” publication with Hursh. Went through outline, and is going to start writing comp by Thursday; rough draft to david in 2 weeks – methods section is coming together. Reviewed manuscript last week.
- STARS: broker of scientific practice and language (Ana);
- Belize: three people – stepping through story-telling