Hi All –
I’m going to start the use of this blog again – let’s see if it is useful.
Updates (2 minutes)
- New potential doc student (NML, science ed) is coming to town
- Noyce Leadership Seminar
- Jan 25, 7pm. Schooling the World – Please come! (Joe’s running it! – contentious movie, expert panel) – Hoyt Auditorim
- Joe’s starting comps!
- School 19 – 4th grade violinsts
- Joe’s book review is being published in March – Ed Leadership – Joe will send it to us.
Decide about STARS reunion
- February 17 – 2-4pm: Personally invite pre-service teachers; reminders/announcements/etc.
- Update on research efforts – Belize / STARS / Others – what do we want to document? – Weekly reports from each of us on progress (10 minutes each: 3 minutes ventures & vexations; 5 minute discussion; 2 minute reaction/statement of commitments for nxt wk to be posted here) .
- Belize – weekly mtgs for Brian, Joe and April; looking at proposals, reading Joe’s analytic memo; writing on google doc – focus of analysis (sub-questions; coding strategies; etc.); inventory of data (JH); research table (AL); & draft of schedule (AL)
- STARS – weekly mtgs; ditto
- Joe’s critique – spent writing workshop on Foucauldian genealogy- now its in an outline form; needs to read more about Foucault’s methods – will write a couple paragraphs by next week (need to rework a couple of claims – longer term)
- Michael’s comp – Taking pieces and sections; matching up ideas with literature; doing it systematically; by next week will be done with comp 1 – lessons learned about the process
- Liz’s comp – Where are you Liz?
- Joe’s comp – weekly writing group nahoko & courtney; starting Monday’s – will be working on organized – will bring bubble map for research group
- Need a group shot – when will all be on campus?
- Suggestions for Jeremy – what should he read?
- Fred Erickson course – Day 1
Check out this blog!! I so want to study it! I might get the chance!!! 🙂